Black Truffle Olive Oil- OUT OF STOCK
DetailsThis truffle olive oil is made with Olivas de Oro's Mission Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Black Truffle Concentrate. It has a distinctive earthy aroma and flavor that will compliment any dish. Drizzle it on vegetables, soups, salads, chicken and fish. A little goes a long way in flavor!
Cold Pressed 11/2018
100 ml. $19
250 ml. $42
Top 10 Uses for Truffle Oil:
1. Use truffle oil to enhance the flavor of fresh truffles. 1. Drizzling black truffle oil directly on the fresh truffle slices is one of our favorite uses for truffle oil.
2. Make truffle oil vinaigrette. Use a teaspoon or two of truffle oil combined with olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, salt, pepper, and dijon mustard. Use truffle oil vinaigrette for salads with mushrooms, summer truffles, hard cheeses and dried or cured meats.
3. Drizzle truffle oil over potatoes, pasta, polenta or risotto. Widely regarded as one of the top uses for truffle oil, the mild flavored starchy base of potatoes, pasta polenta and risotto makes a perfect match with the flavor of black or white truffle oil.
4. Pizza with truffle oil. Truffle oil is makes a wonderful addition to pizza crust, especially white pizza.
5. Eggs and truffle oil This is a great pairing. Whether drizzled over scrambled eggs or an elegant cheese omelette, eggs and truffles are a pairing not to be missed. Though fresh truffles are frequently used with eggs, truffle oil is an inexpensive way to enjoy this classic pairing.
6. Truffle oil goes well with many vegetables. Some of our favorite combinations include asparagus, cauliflower, sweet potato, yams, corn, mushrooms of any type, and squash of any type.
7. Beef or Beet Carpacio Wonderful with truffle oil. The combination of beef carpacio, shaved Parmesean, arugula, or other bitter green, lemon, and olive oil laced with truffle oil is heavenly. Try using roasted beets instead of the beef.
8. Dishes using wild mushrooms Generally can be enhanced with truffle oil. Think wild mushroom risotto, creamy mushroom soup, mushroom ragout, wild mushroom polenta, etc…
9. Finish a fish filet, filet mignon, duck breast or nice piece of lamb with truffle oil. Many types of fish, red meat, and even chicken, rabbit and other white meats pair well with fresh truffles, which means, they also pair well with truffle oil as well.
10. Truffled popcorn, potato chips and French fries. Our list of uses for truffle oil would not be complete without this addition. After the cooking process is complete, toss the finished product with salt and truffle oil and enjoy.